Clinical psychologist Dr. Ramani Durvasula has done extensive research on the intersectionality between mental health and the modern-day cultural and societal landscape. She has a deep understanding of the 7 key barriers to mental health care that many people face.
In this class, you'll learn the ins and outs of each factor—and some feasible solutions for each:
1. Lack of insurance or underinsurance
2. Mental illness stigma (which is often greater among
3. Lack of diversity among mental health care
4. Lack of culturally-competent providers
5. Language barriers
6. Distrust in the health care system
7. Inadequate support for mental health service
in safety net settings (uninsured, Medicaid,
Health Insurance Coverage, or other vulnerable
Mental and behavioral disorders are among the leading causes of disability in the U.S., and less than half of those with a mental illness receive any treatment or counseling at all. (APA)
The solution starts with education. Don't miss your chance to learn from a world-renowned psychologist.